This section contains my mathematical articles and notes, and a few from other mathematicians.
In 2003 I added the classical paper Numbers of solutions of equations in finite fields of André WEIL (with permission of the American Mathematical Society) that had at that time been unavailable.
In 2010 I republished the course on plane curves of second order and their invariants by Ernst FREUDENTHAL and Werner HEINRICH, supplemented in 2011 by the solutions booklet to their exercises. Also in 2011 I added the Bourbaki talk of Enrico BOMBIERI on Counting points on curves over finite fields.
In 2014 appeared my reedition of the SGA d’Orsay, « en hommage à Michel DEMAZURE, Jean GIRAUD, Michel RAYNAUD et Jean-Louis VERDIER » Séminaire de Géométrie Algébrique.
This section is organized into these subareas:
- mathematical recreation
- astronomy & physics
- differential geometry
- algebraic geometry
Timeline of mathematicians (and a few physicists and astronomers)
The standard reference on the Web for biographies of mathematicians is the Mac Tutor History of Mathematics Archive.
- version 2.4, 2017-05-07 : selection of mathematicians (and physicists) of the past 500 years
in v2.4 has been added Ian Grant Macdonald * 11.10.1928
- in v2.3 has been updated to year 2017, lifeline for Hideyuki Matsumura has been corrected
- in v2.2 have been added
- Jean-Pierre Demailly * 25.09.1957
- Ernst-Ulrich Gekeler * 25.03.1951
- in v2.1 have been added deaths of
- John Coleman Moore † 1.1.2016
- Reinhold Remmert † 9.3.2016
- Roger Godement † 21.7.2016